Interior Design Tips from San Jose Design Professionals
Your home’s interior design is so important. It is what surrounds you every day. If you are happy with the look of your home, it can improve your mood and your sense of wellness. A great design can also boost the value of the property.
If you are looking to take your interior design to the next level, you may consider hiring an interior design company in San Jose. They will provide you with a unique interior design plan that will make your home stand out. This article will review interior design tips that will elevate the look of your home and inspire your remodeling ventures.
The Main Principles of Interior Design from San Jose Professionals
The principles of modern interior design are as follows:
- Balance: Balance involves creating visual harmony in your rooms. It can come in the form of shapes, patterns, colors, and textures. Symmetry is an easy way to achieve balance, but you can also go the asymmetrical route which balances objects of similar dimensions. It produces more of a natural feel. Radial balance is also an option that involves placing objects in a circle around a central point.
- Unity: A home interior design should focus on unity which calls for similar colors, patterns, and textures to be used throughout the room.
- Rhythm: Interior design services will bring rhythm to a room by creating patterns through repetition. You can do this by using the same colors or textures at different intervals throughout the room. A progression rhythm can also be used which arranges elements in an ascending or descending order based on color, size, and other characteristics.
- Emphasis: Interior design services in San Jose will produce a sense of emphasis by using a statement piece as the focal point of the design. This can be a standout piece of art, a grand piano, or a unique furnishing.
- Contrast: The best interior design company will play with contrast. The easiest way to do this is with color, i.e., by painting a room black and white. You can also carry this out by setting small objects next to large ones and round items next to square ones.
- Scale and Proportion: While you can have fun putting smaller and larger objects together, you will always want to produce a sense of scale and proportion. So, your interior design services should never place a large chandelier in a small apartment with low ceilings. Most designers will use the 1.618 ratio that was invented by the Greeks and is still integrated to this day.
- Details: The details are the little things such as the embroidery on the cushion, the trim on the walls, and the small pieces of art. They may seem like minor items, but they will play a major role in your home interior design.
How Can You Make Your House Look More Attractive?
If you are unhappy with the look of your home, there are several things you can do to make your contemporary interior design look more attractive. Here are some ideas that may inspire you.
- Add Fresh Flowers: Fresh flowers are one of those little details that can really brighten up a space. They are very much in line with the trend of bringing the outside in.
- Painting the Door Trim: Painting the door trim adds a pop of color that works well in a living room interior design.
- Hang Your Drapes from the Ceiling: Hanging the drapes from the ceiling as opposed to the tops of the windows will add height to your space making it look larger and more dramatic.
- Go Out of the Box with Color: Veer away from the usual with infusions of rosy pinks and peacock blues.
- Paint Your Ceiling: Painting your ceiling will add interest to your interior. It will also draw the eye up producing the illusion of height.
- Color-blocking: Color-blocking is all the rage right now and it’s a great way to achieve an attractive contemporary interior design. It involves setting complementary colors against each other to create a stunning aesthetic.
What Makes a Home Look Expensive?
If you are looking to go luxury with your interior design ideas, there are many ways to do it, without spending a lot of money. Here are a few suggestions:
- Declutter: A simple decluttering will provide a minimalist interior design that makes your rooms appear more upscale.
- Large Wall Art: Large wall art gives the illusion that it costs thousands of dollars, but it doesn’t have to.
- Change out Your Hardware: You may be surprised to find what a simple change in hardware can do for your interior spaces. Try adding unique knobs to your cabinets and interesting drawer pulls to a plain dresser to infuse a wow factor.
- Use White Bed Linens: White bed linens have a clean, crisp feel that exudes luxury.
- Customize Lighting: Switch out builder-grade lights for ones that are more expressive of your style. It’s best to go with lights that are oversized as opposed to ones that are too small.
- Choose Natural Materials: Materials found in nature always provide an upscale look. These include solid wood, marble, brass, leather, and crystal. They may be more expensive, but you can always buy them secondhand to save money.
- Use Large Rugs: A small rug will make your spaces feel off balance. A large rug will provide an expansive feel that makes your home feel more welcoming and high-end.
How SOD Home Group Can Help You Achieve a Terrific Modern Interior Design
SOD Home Group offers superior full interior design services by assigning one experienced designer to every project and using home visualization software to visualize different scenarios. We offer hassle-free services. We back our work going beyond the standard warranty.
Make your home a home you love. SOD Home Group can help you achieve your goals. Contact us to find out how to go from meh to wow with your indoor spaces.